When to feed??

I wait around 24 hours before I take mine out of the incubator (so they'll be dry), then have them on chick starter and water as soon as possible.

You should give chicks feed and water as soon as you put them into the brooder. The sooner they start eating and drinking, the better off they'll be. Chicks can survive for about three days after hatching without eating, just living off of absorbed yolk, but its best to get them eating and drinking.

K we thought so but sold 20 chicks to a friend and she claimed we fed them to early is why she lost 3 chicks a week later. Out of 165 chicks at ten days old before leaving our home only 2 died on us. Thanks for info.

kansas bow hunter.
pickwick lake is home though.

K we thought so but sold 20 chicks to a friend and she claimed we fed them to early is why she lost 3 chicks a week later. Out of 165 chicks at ten days old before leaving our home only 2 died on us. Thanks for info.

kansas bow hunter.
pickwick lake is home though.
Chicks are not the strongest creatures on earth, maybe the stress killed off a few weak ones. And who knows what she could've done to them not realizing it? I have a hard time believing that chicks would die a whole week after "being fed to early" lol.

Back
Top Bottom