When to shift from brood box to Chicken Coop?

They really like it under there so I hate to close it off to them. Will they just instinctively (eventually) go to the coup at night or do I need to administer some tough love and close off the space below the coup? I don't know the exact measurement but I do know it's high enough for a full grown chicken to stand under. Any thoughts?
Maybe close it off temporarily until they're using the coop? Depending on how big the opening is, it could just be bird netting stretched taut with staples, cardboard held in place with bricks, etc.

That was my thought but the little wife says I'm just messin' with mother nature and I should just let them do what they want for now. They are only 6 weeks old, so I've really no need to worry about them laying any eggs under there anytime soon. Guess I'm just a worry-wart! She says they'll sort it out on their own.

That was my thought but the little wife says I'm just messin' with mother nature and I should just let them do what they want for now. They are only 6 weeks old, so I've really no need to worry about them laying any eggs under there anytime soon. Guess I'm just a worry-wart! She says they'll sort it out on their own.
Guess your wife can crawl under there if the need arises. :D

Back
Top Bottom