When will my white leghorn start laying?

One of my white leg horns laid at 15 weeks. We've gotten 4 eggs from her. The ladies will be 17 weeks tomorrow and the white leg horn and one red sexlink are my only 2 laying. My other white leg horn isn't showing signs of being ready quite yet.

You need to give them a motivational speech like I have with mine every so often. I used visual aids this time, trust me it works :)

No those are'nt any of mine going on the BBQ, mine are treated better than my dogs. I had just gathered the eggs which were sitting on the outside table when I went out to put the other chicken on the BBQ.
yuckyuck.gif

thats great...for you...i have two white leg horns born 12'-15-13.so they are 8mo..and they havent layed yet..what are you feeding them...please let me know..im giving them laying pellets to eat and scratch for a treat..and also fruits and veggies..they have fresh water daily..what am i doing wrong..please advise..thank you..kathy..

Mine are at 20 weeks now and neither have laid yet....still patiently waiting on my silly girls.

do you think Pete the hen looks like she is getting ready to lay? Her comb has grown a lot. She is 18 weeks old.

Last edited:
thanks for your advise..i did just that i put some fake white eggs in their bedding..and followed along...they are now all laying everyday..and some are brooding ..
yippiechickie.gif

Our girls are 23 weeks. Do their looks change when they are ready? These are two of them, and there are two more. Two are bright red like the one in the front, the other two look like the one in the back.

Back
Top Bottom