where are the wonderful st. louis area chicken people ????

I am just outside on Edwardsville also! I am in need of more chickens if anyone around here has some to sell....6 is NOT enough!

Rebecee, I'm not sure who sells them in your area, but I just purchased 8 from Duda Lang Farm in House Springs. They have a website and a large selection of breeds.

Jumping into this thread kinda late, but hopefully new to chickens...

I am currently within city limits of Edwardsville and I have looked at the online government (insert any bad adjective here) rules list and can't make heads of tails of the wording.

Can someone tell me if it is permissible to have chickens within city limits and if so how many and any other rules I need to know. I am looking for a house with property outside city limits but probably can't move till fall.

If anyone knows of someone selling a home with at least 4 bedrooms and more than 2 acres in the Edwardsville school district (under $200,000) please let me know that too.

I am trying to get back to the land and really want to have enough room for the chickens, a goat and maybe a milk cow. Plus of course the garden.

Pat RN
Dreaming of yummy eggs.

Hi all,

I will not be having a Spring Farm Day this year because we had to add a few unexpected projects to the projects list but I haven't given up on fall yet....
fl.gif

Do any of you plan on hatching eggs this Spring? I never have and wondering the best way to do it. I don't have an incubator. I have a hen that seems to be starting to get broody so I wonder if I should wait for it to get a little warmer and then keep her eggs in the coop? Anyone let their chickens hatch their own kids? I don't care much about the success rate although would of course take extra precautions once they hatch. I think it would be neat to see her do it herself.
I use a Brinsea octogan advance 20 to incubate in and a Little Giant as a hatcher but I would like to try using a broody too. Here is a thread about using broodies: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ody-hen-hatch-a-long-and-informational-thread

I am just outside on Edwardsville also! I am in need of more chickens if anyone around here has some to sell....6 is NOT enough!
Do you have an idea of what are you looking for? I can gift you a Rhode Island Red rooster if that will help. He was born last spring and was supposed to be a pullet from Rural King for eating eggs. I am working on Sussex & Cochins and will have some available by fall but I have free range mixed breed fertile eggs available for $7 a dozen now.

Jumping into this thread kinda late, but hopefully new to chickens...

I am currently within city limits of Edwardsville and I have looked at the online government (insert any bad adjective here) rules list and can't make heads of tails of the wording.

Can someone tell me if it is permissible to have chickens within city limits and if so how many and any other rules I need to know. I am looking for a house with property outside city limits but probably can't move till fall.

If anyone knows of someone selling a home with at least 4 bedrooms and more than 2 acres in the Edwardsville school district (under $200,000) please let me know that too.

I am trying to get back to the land and really want to have enough room for the chickens, a goat and maybe a milk cow. Plus of course the garden.

Pat RN
Dreaming of yummy eggs.
Pat,

I am zoned agricultural so I don't know the city rules but I have a friend who's relative had chickens and was allowed to keep them after the neighbor complained because he found a rule that you can keep them if they are for exhibition so he shows them in the county fair every year to qualify. You could try the Madison County Extension office @ 618-650-7050 (don't give them your name or address, though LOL!). If not, I sell a mix of white, brown & aqua free ranged eating eggs for $3 a dozen.

Awesome thanks.
hugs.gif

I am going to my dairy today to get some raw milk, so now cheese and eggs (hopefully temporary
wink.png
) are covered. Garden sucks this year cause of the rain but I will be planting something this weekend. No gotta get that magic number to get the house. Getting there LOL.

Pat, my garden is doing pretty well despite the rain. Although it is raised beds....LOL It bothers me more in the chicken runs. Those things have been soggy horrid messes for months now. Ugg! Really need to go muck them out. Been avoiding it for awhile.

Hi Scooter, I live in South County in unincorporated Lemay. I've been building up my flock and at the same time, trying to stay on good terms with my neighbors. lol I've taken a liking to French Copper Marans and that is what I will be concentrating on as well. On Sunday, I'll pick up my 3 Jubilee Orpington pullets. I'm excited as I've been waiting awhile.

Last edited:
HI!!! I'm new to chickens, but have 7 little peepers now a week old with 13 eggs in the bator that went into lockdown today! I'm in Winchester (annexed by Ballwin, so I can have chickens that those in Manchester can't). Already found and joined the Missouri thread, but so glad to see a STL thread! Obviously my name is Nicole, and it's great to "meet" all of you.

Back
Top Bottom