Where Can I Find Guinea Eggs?

They definitely know a difference when it goes from 15 eggs down to 2. If I leave 4 fake eggs in a nest, they stick with the nest a lot longer than if I leave one or 2 fake eggs.

If you are concerned, reduce the number of eggs in the nest by one or two a day so it won't be such a drastic change.
How long can eggs last at room temperature before being incubated?

How long can eggs last at room temperature before being incubated?
The recommendation is to store them for no more than 7 to 10 days. Ideally around 60°F and 60% humidity while turning at least 3 times a day.

I collect mine for 14 days but have hatched ones that were more than 21 days old. The older they are, the lower the percent of hatch will be.

Guinea eggs in a guinea nest can do better for a longer period of time than those stored by people. Apparently there is something gained from the brief warming period when a hen is on the nest laying the next egg.

Last edited:
I keep my guineas penned up until afternoon. This is to encourage them to lay inside the enclosure where they live, and also to keep them safe from hawks, which tend to hunt in the mornings where I live. I keep 6 fake ceramic eggs in the nest and remove all real ones daily, to eat. I never leave eggs outside the enclosure, since they attract predators and snakes.

Back
Top Bottom