Where can I get a cage like this?

I’ve looked many times to find similar cages, they aren’t really manufactured and the few I come across are of questionable quality from sketchy sites.

That’s the first time I’ve seen one of those cages where it’s glass on all sides, typically it’s just the front or at the very least there is a solid back wall. I don’t think the budgies would like a 360 degree glass view, they’ll appreciate some cover. As far as building your own cage like this goes there are a lot of images online of custom budgie cages. You won’t find many that are totally glass like this one, but it should be relatively easy to find plans where they used wire for the sides and adapt it to use plexi instead. I think it would still be important to include as many vent strips as possible so the birds can get adequate airflow inside. You definitely don’t want the air to be stagnant.

@WVduckchick I think I remember you had budgies in a cage like this, but it was wood on 3 sides and plexiglass on the front? I could be mistaken.

This is what I was envisioning, glass front for viewing/mess prevention but plenty of fresh air on the sides and top.

I’ve never built custom cages for any type of parrots but one thing I know you need to look out for is the type of wire you use. Galvanized wire is known to cause (zinc?) toxicity specifically because they climb the wire with their beaks and tongues.

I’ve looked many times to find similar cages, they aren’t really manufactured and the few I come across are of questionable quality from sketchy sites.

That’s the first time I’ve seen one of those cages where it’s glass on all sides, typically it’s just the front or at the very least there is a solid back wall. I don’t think the budgies would like a 360 degree glass view, they’ll appreciate some cover. As far as building your own cage like this goes there are a lot of images online of custom budgie cages. You won’t find many that are totally glass like this one, but it should be relatively easy to find plans where they used wire for the sides and adapt it to use plexi instead. I think it would still be important to include as many vent strips as possible so the birds can get adequate airflow inside. You definitely don’t want the air to be stagnant.

@WVduckchick I think I remember you had budgies in a cage like this, but it was wood on 3 sides and plexiglass on the front? I could be mistaken.
I had a few budgies in a tall, store-bought cage, but it seemed too small. They could fly/hop up and down, but not really get full flight. So I took the cage apart, down one corner, and made it the flat front of a little homemade contraption lol
I was able to use the same doors from the original cage, so that was a nice benefit.

IMG_8088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom