where can I get Russian Orloffs? Or other rare breeds?

I have some (breeder) Orloffs coming from Spotsplus, and 1 female already. I definitely plan to breed them. They are so lovely, and I've heard great things about their personalities. I plan to "share the wealth" and get as many of them out there as possible to people that want to help the breed along.

I can't blame you for your interest- they are so cool!

I thought Tailfeathers had them too, and he's really picky about keeping to breed standard. Not sure if he's breeding right now, but he would be a good place for information.

tanks- I had not thought of using the chicks as a product if I let a couple brood... hhmmmm... maybe yet another way to help the small flock pay for itself.

Stonehenge's pic of the hen is gorgeous! Swedish flower hens are one of the first inspirations I saw when deciding on a breed....I selected Mille Fleur bantam cochins...a challenge in themselves. I wonder how Greenfire Farms will progress with the Flower hens. They are so limited here...will Speckled Sussex be integrated or some kind of Mille Fleur Leghorn to avoid inbreeding the Flower hens?

Welps hatchery has the Russian Orloffs and Mottled Javas. I am sure they probably aren't show quality but they arrived healthy and have remained so. I also love dealing with them. Both birds are cold weather friendly. Another good cold weather breed are Buckeyes. Next year I hope to get some, they were sold out this year. The Swedish Flowers are gorgeous.

Quote:
I'm not sure if spotsplus has any more Orloff chicks, but you could find out. She's in MA.

Quote:
I'm not sure if spotsplus has any more Orloff chicks, but you could find out. She's in MA.

I bought 2 pairs- we're waiting for a few cool days to ship them.

Stonehenge's pic of the hen is gorgeous! Swedish flower hens are one of the first inspirations I saw when deciding on a breed....I selected Mille Fleur bantam cochins...a challenge in themselves. I wonder how Greenfire Farms will progress with the Flower hens. They are so limited here...will Speckled Sussex be integrated or some kind of Mille Fleur Leghorn to avoid inbreeding the Flower hens?

Alohachickens is working on an american version of them- she has some sussex and exechequer (I think) leghorn blood, and some other stuff. There is a cool thread about it somewhere on here.​

Back
Top Bottom