Where do Raccoons put heads?

Having seen plenty of chicken skulls, I can guarantee you that there is plenty of bone structure there. They are definitely much crunchier than a crayfish (aka crawdads).

I stand corrected, you're right, there is a lot of bone. But chickens, like all birds, have fairly lighweight bone structure. (very porous) Raccoons have pretty strong jaws, stout skulls and teeth designed for crunching. I don't think it would be hard for them to eat a chicken skull.
I couldn't find anything on raccoon bite strength to say for sure though. (why do we give grants if no one one can give us quality research?) :D

I stand corrected, you're right, there is a lot of bone. But chickens, like all birds, have fairly lighweight bone structure. (very porous) Raccoons have pretty strong jaws, stout skulls and teeth designed for crunching. I don't think it would be hard for them to eat a chicken skull.
I couldn't find anything on raccoon bite strength to say for sure though. (why do we give grants if no one one can give us quality research?) :D
I can't imagine that, but it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom