Where do you find clothes for your little girls?

I get whatever I can at our local community center, second hand, because I am super cheap.
I buy what I need to, or give in if my daughters harass me in weak moments.
I sew at work, to pass the time. I have a very easy job.
It gets harder as they get older. They might not except your ideas of clothes as well.
When my 14 year old was in the 6th grade, they had a Sweetheart Dance and I started looking for dresses. Well pardon my French, but what I found would have made her look like a little slut. So we went to the fabric store and I put a cute little formal for her. She looked like a little angel.
Goodluck.

I know the lady that owns my favorite consignment store. I stopped by today and apparently someone who has the money to shop at the expensive stores and has a daughter who apparently is a size up from mine just brought in a bunch of clothes to their other location. YAY Will have to stop by tomorrow and see what I can snag. I love spending 30 and getting a big bag stuffed with clothes.

Well, I've only read the first page, and it does not list your DD's age, but I have to say that if you had sons, ou would be complaining that boy's clothes are hard to find and fit, and girl's clothes are so much easier.

I do shop and purchase for my 4 year old grandaughter fairly regularly, and do not have a problem finding clothes for her. Yes, there are some that are too much (and some combinations that are too much), but there are shorts of various lengths as well as capri pants. Most of the skirts seem to have shorts built in. If you do find skirts without built-in shorts, and they are too short, get the size that has the correct length, then mark and sew new side seams and cut off the excess (once you verify that they fit).

If you're new to sewing, you may try Kwik Sew. I know it looks like the patterns are a little outdated, but really they're not. You just choose your own fabrics. I know they say to use knit fabrics, but honestly, you can use most any kind of fabric for these patterns. My neighbor lent me the books for babies and toddlers. We're just getting to the point where we need the children's ones too. Otherwise, yes, I feel your pain. I have a three year old who is tall and skinny. It's tough to find clothes for her. Size 3 fits her waist, but the length is too short. If I fit the length with a size 4, then the waist is too big. I'm happy it's summer because then I can put her in shorts and sundresses and not have to worry as much! We shop at consignment shops and have friends that give us clothes. Really helps to not have to bother with actually picking out the clothes myself.

Back
Top Bottom