Where Do YOU Get/Rescue Battery Hens From?

just seen this, and ive seen some b4 of people looking for battered hens, I get some when ever I have the room for them from northrop egg farm it is located in western pa they sell off there ''spent'' hens twice a year... and if any one lives in pa wv ohio or NY they do advertise it fairly heavy in classifieds .50 cents a chicken, how they raise chickens I don't like ,but they are nice people who are just making money the same way they have for generations.. they have both a strain off leghorn & production reds..... if n e 1 is looking in the area .

I can't wait t get those hens!:D I wish I could beat the retartedness out of that guy
somad.gif
~~Could someone check on NC, I'm near Raleigh? I'm so scared to do this because I will probably be cussing at them, crying and grabbing chickens at the same time. It breaks my heart to see them stuffed in small cages at the flock swaps or auctions they have. Thank you.

~~Could someone check on NC, I'm near Raleigh? I'm so scared to do this because I will probably be cussing at them, crying and grabbing chickens at the same time. It breaks my heart to see them stuffed in small cages at the flock swaps or auctions they have. Thank you.

That's so terrible!
hit.gif
If I could anyone doing that would be charged a 100$ fee! And if any worse put in jail for a bit...

2 places I know of here in Texas.....one in Burton and the other in Bryan. I have contacted both about buying spent hens and both said no.... All hens had to go to slaughter. Did not want non-employees on the property. Company policy! I hated it!

I haven't personally rescued battery hens, but I found a place that did the largest battery hen rescue in California.

animalplace.org

They have a documentary on the rescue on youtube, it's called TURLOCK - The Documentary (I think)

Back
Top Bottom