Where is the best place to put a coop?

Its hot where I live so my coops are positioned so the prevailing wind can blow into the coop & the north winds are blocked. For sure in a shady spot. I also build three sided coops this helps keep the birds cooler. Guess, your location for the coop will depend on where you live your climate. I also live on a hill & the hill is real sandy so I have no problems with drainage.

I first built it in a sunny area not a good idea, so i moved it to a shady location under a tree. They get some mornin sun and afternoon sun, temps in the the coop stay reasonable. so i would say that in the the shade girls happy happy.

I first built it in a sunny area not a good idea, so i moved it to a shady location under a tree. They get some mornin sun and afternoon sun, temps in the the coop stay reasonable. so i would say that in the the shade girls happy happy.
WOW!!!!! Thats a big coop! How many chickens do you have??????
D.gif

17 hens , 1roo the coop is 8'x16', i have put up a run on the other side under the tree. they mainly free range but on really hot dayz and when i'm outta of town i'll leave them in the run near there water and food.

Where I live it's not specified what part of the yard.., chickens are allowed in the city limits and are treated like that of dogs and not permitted to be running at large. Get in touch with your council person for your area if you can't find the info. in your cities laws.

Back
Top Bottom