Where to buy baby chicks in Minnesota!

cluckylisa

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
Central Minnesota
Anyone know of places in Minnesota (co-ops, farm stores, anywhere) that has baby chicks on hand currently? We got some a week ago through combining an order with a friend and now my DH really wants more, preferably Buff Orps and female. I'm in central MN borth of St. Cloud.

Thanks!

Do you have a Runnings Farm store near by?

They all have chicks right now! I just stopped at mine and saw all the cute chickies. They had buff orps and they only order female chicks (unless someone special orders a rooster).

I have asked around in my area and you can only place an order to a hatchery for standard 25-min chick orders. Instead of calling every feed store in MN I'm hoping someone knows of a place with chicks. You should see some of the looks I've received walking into the 3 feed stores in town asking if they carry chicks. You would think I was asking these guys what brands of bras they carry.

"Hello? Anyone in there? Yes, little tiny fuzzy chicks, you know, the kind that grow up and lay eggs? This is a feed and farm store, right? Anyone? Are you OK?"

he.gif

Apparently my area is not known for a great selection of poultry.

Is there a chance that somehow you could get hooked up with someone ordering the 25 min. and add yours onto it??

I would guess (95% sure) that Runnings and TSC should have chicks. They have them advertised in their ads also. We got ours from two different Runnings stores. We are in SW MN.

Quote:
Thanks, we don't have "Runnings" stores up here, but I'll check the TSC in Elk River, that's the closest.

Seriously, Central MN is like the biggest void in chicks.

You might try Brau's. I know they supply a few different feed stores in my area (east/central mn-TSC and Houle;s in Forest Lake):

BRAU'S HATCHERY
Address: 10701 County Rd 2 SE, Brainerd Lakes MN
Phone: 218/764-2876

Otherwise there's Stromberg's in Pine River:

Call 800-720-1134 or e-mail [email protected]

Good luck finding peeps!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom