Where to go for eggs

Santaana714

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2019
I live in Orange County. And Twice I purchased firtilized chicken eggs from a person on Craigslist. But I been having really bad results. Does anyone know of a place I can order eggs from that have more than a few selection to chose from. Please let me know if you know. Thanks in advance.

I live in Orange County. And Twice I purchased firtilized chicken eggs from a person on Craigslist. But I been having really bad results. Does anyone know of a place I can order eggs from that have more than a few selection to chose from. Please let me know if you know. Thanks in advance.
What specifically is happening ....is it that you aren't getting good hatch rates? If so, I would suggest troubleshooting things before investing in shipped eggs. Shipped eggs *can* be more problematic so its best to be sure everything else is well sorted out first

What specifically is happening ....is it that you aren't getting good hatch rates? If so, I would suggest troubleshooting things before investing in shipped eggs. Shipped eggs *can* be more problematic so its best to be sure everything else is well sorted out first
I have two temperature readers and the incubator is inside my house. Temperature and humidity are on point. I candled the eggs and about half of the eggs are not fetilzed or show any development aside from the air sack and the veins. I found the wagon train in Orange. So I’m going to try them after the second set come out.

I'm in N. CA and i have ordered 5 or 6 times from EBAY. i have had really great success. i look at reviews, i contact seller, i follow all the suggestions they make for successful hatch...i order from people as close to me as possible. i would never order from east coast for instance. what are you looking for? i have ordered silkies (papas poultry in redding ca) i think i ordered lav. orps from him too. i have a local person here who might ship cream leg bars....very good quality birds. i ordered seramas and 100% hatch! and bantam wyandottes same thing..great hatch and GREAT birds.

Orpington, Australop, Rhode Island Red, and silkies. So sure I will consider your advice on your supplier for next time. I do want to have more than one type of chicken. Plus silkies are hard to come by over here. Since everyone buys them right away.

Be very careful where you get your fertile eggs. Right now LA county, Riverside county and San Bernardino county are quarantined because of Newcastle disease. It CAN be passed through the egg. Do not buy fertile eggs from these counties! I connected with a gal right here in my town to buy fertile olive egger eggs. Nine days to hatch and so far so good!

Be very careful where you get your fertile eggs. Right now LA county, Riverside county and San Bernardino county are quarantined because of Newcastle disease. It CAN be passed through the egg. Do not buy fertile eggs from these counties! I connected with a gal right here in my town to buy fertile olive egger eggs. Nine days to hatch and so far so good!
Thanks for the warning. The place where I went to get the eggs this time told me that they get the eggs from a laboratory. So will see how that goes.

I live in Orange County. And Twice I purchased firtilized chicken eggs from a person on Craigslist. But I been having really bad results. Does anyone know of a place I can order eggs from that have more than a few selection to chose from. Please let me know if you know. Thanks in advance.[/QU
I am in Orange/Ulster county NY if you are too I have Beautiful Birds from top breeders around the country for eggs. English Lace Orpingtons, English Gold Lace Orpingtons, Blue Buff columbian Orpingtons, BBMarns, Golden Cuckoo Marans, French Copper Marans, Crested Cream Legbar, BBOmlecs, Death Layers,English Sussix, Frizzles, Sizzles

Back
Top Bottom