Keziah

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
Hi everyone! 👋
I just bought an incubator last night from my local TSC, and I have no idea where to put it! My living room and kitchen is attached and there are lots of windows that light up my space. It is a very small house with no basement or spare bedroom, so I don't really have an area with a 100% constant temperature. Is it OK to have my incubator just on my kitchen counter? I'm not sure if I would have to cover it because of the sun that the windows let in or if it would change the temperature? I really want these eggs to hatch. My favorite rooster died fighting off an attacker and he would always mate with the hen who laid these eggs. They are my only chance to let him live on, through his offspring so any tips on how to get his babies to hatch would be helpful! Thankyou!

Also, I'm not sure if I should put the room temperature eggs into the pre heated incubator, or if I should let them warm uo with the incubator?

We put ours in the bathroom. For our house the smaller room is easier for maintaining temperature and I use the shower to help with lockdown humidity. If the kitchen is what works that should be fine, but finding a way to block the sun might be a good idea.
For starting the incubator, I run the incubator to check that the thermostat is working ect then place in the room temperature eggs.

We put ours in the bathroom. For our house the smaller room is easier for maintaining temperature and I use the shower to help with lockdown humidity. If the kitchen is what works that should be fine, but finding a way to block the sun might be a good idea.
For starting the incubator, I run the incubator to check that the thermostat is working ect then place in the room temperature eggs.
Would a closet be better because it is in the dark?

I keep mine on a corner table in the living room which is attached to the open kitchen. Best to place it in an area, where is will not be disturbed and out of the way. It does not need to be dark.
Hope you get some babies from the rooster you lost. 😊

Back
Top Bottom