which bator is better....

MikeS(erama)

Songster
13 Years
May 8, 2010
Massachussetts
Ok so I've been looking at two other bators that i might replace my LG with. The LG just has way to many issues. For a good example, both my silkie eggs are pipped now, but when i checked the humidity it had dropped during the night to 54% so now that has me freaking out. I added some hot water to the socks I have in there (I didn't have any sponges...lol) and it's going back up. That plus the temperature drops and spikes that it had all throughout the incubation process, I'm not planning on using it again. So back to the original topic. I've been looking at the hovabator genesis and the brinsea mini eco. I'm basically looking for a better bator but one that wont break the bank. If anyone has used either of these, any input, info, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have three genesis 1588s and a 1590 (the older version). The only thing I'd trade them for would be a GQF Sportsman. They are easy to use and I get good hatches from them.

You can hatch only 7 eggs in brinsea mini echo.
In genesis, you can hatch almost 50 eggs.
Genesis is a great one, I love my genesis.

MikeS(erama) :

Ok so I've been looking at two other bators that i might replace my LG with. The LG just has way to many issues. For a good example, both my silkie eggs are pipped now, but when i checked the humidity it had dropped during the night to 54% so now that has me freaking out. I added some hot water to the socks I have in there (I didn't have any sponges...lol) and it's going back up. That plus the temperature drops and spikes that it had all throughout the incubation process, I'm not planning on using it again. So back to the original topic. I've been looking at the hovabator genesis and the brinsea mini eco. I'm basically looking for a better bator but one that wont break the bank. If anyone has used either of these, any input, info, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Mike! Love the screen name and especially the little serama in the picture! (my grandchild) LOL
lau.gif

Anyway, I am loving my 1588 and would eb happy to give you the link where I got mine. i have 5 dozen bantam eggs in it set in egg cartons and all I do is tip the whole incubator 3 times a day and the eggs are all developing nicely! They should be hatching next week so we will see how that aspect of it goes! But I would recomend the 1588. Set it and almost forget it! haha​

haha hey darleen! You found me!
wink.png
That would be great! I actually started looking at the hovabators because of your suggestion! You'll definitely have to let me know how the hatch goes in that compared to the LG. I've read good things about both, and I have some time to figure out which brand I end up going with, being that I wont be able to set my next eggs until after the first week of june. If these guys make it all the way through hatching (tonight at 1:30AM it will be 21 days) that's when I'm going to decide if I'm going to bother ever using this bator again (the LG) or just setting it aside in case of some kind of emergency. Like I said, the temp swings and the humidity just plummeting on me right after they pipped just freaks me out too much! The part of the membrane that I can see looks good and doesn't look like it's shrink wrapped, but only time will tell
PS: The grandchildren are doing great! lol

I have the brinsea mini eco, although it doesnt hold many eggs the temps are rock stable, I havent had any fluctuations with temp or humidity, and right now im incubating some ducks eggs in it and all are developing!

quail kid1

Back
Top Bottom