Which Hybrid is the friendliest?

Differentiation

Chirping
Oct 1, 2017
So I have only owned pure breeds and I am thinking of starting a new batch of Hybrid chickens. I have never had any experience of owning Hybrids and would really appreciate any advice. Im mainly keeping them as pets (eggs are a bonus). Ive had cochins and sussex bantams and they were the most docie and friendliest birds. Im looking to start with 5 Hybrids for now and found a breeder who has the following breeds:

Mendlesham Ranger (Red Star)
Mendlesham Blue (Bluebell)
Fenning Black (Black Rock/posssible black sexlink)
Black Copper Maran
Fenning Sussex (Hybrid Sussex)
Mendlesham Amber (Amber Star)
Pied Suffolk (Like an inverse Sussex)
Fenning White (White Leghorn)
Suffolk Blacktail (A RIR Hybrid)
Fenning Cou Cou (Speckeldy)

Can anyone who has experience owning any of these breeds suggest the friendliest and docile breeds to buy from this list. Thanks!

Edit: As no one could recognise these breed names(and neither could I lol) I did a bit of research and found the common names for these breeds. They're not 100% accurate but still more recognizable.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you're from, but I've not heard of a single one of these other than the Maran. Which isn't a hybrid.

Why are you looking at these?

Whats wrong with a red or black sexlink if looking for mixed breeds?

In my experience all females are friendly of ant breed mixed or pure. So pick what you like the look of and i'm sure you will enjoy it.

I haven't heard of any of these.

So why do you want hybrids? The main reason they exist in the first place is for better egg or meat production. We have had Cinnamon Queens before.....Just don't try to hatch egg from hybrid chickens, some of them are the ugliest looking mutts......

I'm not sure where you're from, but I've not heard of a single one of these other than the Maran. Which isn't a hybrid.

Why are you looking at these?

Whats wrong with a red or black sexlink if looking for mixed breeds?

In my experience all females are friendly of ant breed mixed or pure. So pick what you like the look of and i'm sure you will enjoy it.
I know what you mean. I havnt heard of any of these either. I live in England so the names for these breeds are different so Im struggling to find any information about them.

I have heard of all of these hybrids, I reckon the friendliest is the Suffolk Black tail.

Back
Top Bottom