Which Incubator for Quail? - GQC Hova-Bator 1588 Genesis or 1586

insin

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
Does anyone have any thoughts on which Hova-Bator to get for quail? GQC Hova-Bator 1588 Genesis or 1586. I am looking at both but my untrained eye cant really tell what the main differences are. Obviously there is a digital thermometer/hydrometer on the genesis model. The 1586 seems to have an adjustable wafer thermometer. I do like that both run off of 12 volt power. As a person that looks into the future and prepares for potential hard times, the ability to run off of battery power seems like an added bonus. However I do not want to forgo ease of everyday use in order to have a feature, "just in case".

Why would one go with one over the other for quail?

Check out this thread for the genesis. You can search incubators by manufacturer in that section of the forum. Obviously some of the reviews are skewed negatively because hatching is a skill and people buying their first incubator may not be very well skilled. In fact most of the negative reviews I see are due to people purchasing base model still air units or because it came with a bad thermometer.

Buy several thermometers and use the one you feel is the most accurate because the ones they come with cannot be trusted. For that matter no one thermometer period can be trusted.

I have 3 Genesis incubators and love them. In addition to the digital thermometer, I also have 2 thermometers inside the incubators as well. No problems so far...

Back
Top Bottom