Hova bator 2370

LikeTurkeys

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Southern California
Hi all!
So I've been doing some incubator research recently and I found one that I think will be good.
What I would like is an incubator that,
  • Holds temperature well
  • Is circulated air
  • Has an automatic turner
  • Will be able to accommodate large eggs (thinking goose)
  • Has a relatively large capacity (40+)
  • Preferably <200 dollars, somewhere around 150ish would be good
And, given all of these requirements, I've been looking at Hova Bators. Incubator Warehouse sells them in kits, and I'm planning on selecting one that includes the IncuTurn automatic egg turner. What I find interesting about this turner is that it turns eggs on it's sides, and I'm wondering what people's opinions are on that. Does it work well? Do you own an incubator with the IncuTurn and do you like it? According to Incubator Warehouse and some reviews I read on Amazon, this turner should be able to accommodate large goose eggs without any modifications. Anybody here use it for large eggs?

Okay, so now to some specific questions on the 2370.
This model appears not to have a built in digital hygrometer, instead it is one you put into the incubator. Incubator Warehouse sells kits that are a combination of the bare bones incubator and accessories (automatic turner, add on hygrometer etc.). I've selected the Advanced 2370 combo kit as my primary choice because it includes the hygrometer as well. It also has a 'digital display control module' which the Genesis 1588 does not mention. I'm wondering what the difference in that is?

Some people complain that it is hard to clean because it's Styrofoam, if you own one of these what are your opinions on that?

If any of you have other incubators you would recommend that meet what I'm looking for above, please let me know! I'm all ears.

Finally, I'd like to share with you and interesting incubator I found in my search. This incubator is made out of a washable canvas like material on the outside, and is incredibly compact. I find it fascinating and have never seen such a design before. For it's capacity (90 eggs) and features (including automatic turning), $120 dollars is a great deal, though shipping is probably going to be the killer since it's coming from Ukraine. Still though, very interesting! What do you think?

Thanks!

I have a HovaBator and I hate that turner. It's noisy and makes the floor of the bator vibrate. Talk about scrambled eggs 🤭 Do yourself a favor and upgrade.

I honestly can not say enough about the Humidikit option. It's fantastic and I'm really happy I added it. It's an additional expense but worth it in my opinion.

I have a HovaBator and I hate that turner. It's noisy and makes the floor of the bator vibrate. Talk about scrambled eggs 🤭 Do yourself a favor and upgrade.

I honestly can not say enough about the Humidikit option. It's fantastic and I'm really happy I added it. It's an additional expense but worth it in my opinion.
Thanks for your reply! Does the turner do it's job or does it not work at all? I mean, it doesn't have to be in my bedroom after all... I could purchase the usual vertical yellow tuner; it's an additional 15 dollars but that's not too much more. I'm just trying to avoid having to buy another turner for large goose eggs.

I've heard good things about the Humidikit, but coming in at an additional $119 I don't know I can afford it. I think I'm probably just going to stick with manually adding water.
Thanks for your input @igorsMistress!

Thanks for your reply! Does the turner do it's job or does it not work at all? I mean, it doesn't have to be in my bedroom after all... I could purchase the usual vertical yellow tuner; it's an additional 15 dollars but that's not too much more. I'm just trying to avoid having to buy another turner for large goose eggs.

I've heard good things about the Humidikit, but coming in at an additional $119 I don't know I can afford it. I think I'm probably just going to stick with manually adding water.
Thanks for your input @igorsMistress!
Mine was really noisy but in my experience but does the job ok. The eggs sometimes turn in crazy directions if they don't fill up the slots completely. I just wasn't happy with it.

I got the humidikit after several hatches without it, couldn't afford both at once either!

Mine was really noisy but in my experience but does the job ok. The eggs sometimes turn in crazy directions if they don't fill up the slots completely. I just wasn't happy with it.

I got the humidikit after several hatches without it, couldn't afford both at once either!
Okay, thanks! I'll probably try it with the IncuTurn first, then add a different turner if I feel it isn't adequate.

Back
Top Bottom