Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

The Home Brooder was a disaster. Out of 18 only two survived. But one is a big ol rooster, so all good and one very pretty ngd and brown hen. We have a brooding hen from some Orpingtins I picked up, and two Golden comets, so the brooder is doing the raising. Had to let two aggressive RI Reds go that get injuring the brooder. But they got that bad habit so now the brooder gets the coop to raise chicks by herself and she is pretty happy about that. The rest make breakfast!. We go ~6-8 eggs a day. The rooster is a tad annoying at times so our closest neighbor gets free eggs to compensate. They are happy and so are we.
Did you know ducks make great hen protectors?

My chickens just hide...
View attachment 3813341
Thanks for the update! Glad you are doing well!

Why has no one in New York City ever seen a baby pigeon? We suspect they are CIA spies. 😎🤣
I am looking for birds that lay unusually colored eggs to add to my flock. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Thanks for stopping by! For colored eggs, I like Easter eggers but there’s also olive eggers

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
I've been busy dealing with leg mites on my chickens!

54 is a BIG number! Hopefully hubby is improving weekly, can't imagine the life change for you both. I'm on the other side of ATL in Lilburn, fun to see an almost neighbor here!

I'm the sole chicken herder....for all three of them!.....
Thanks for stopping by! Would love to see pics of your girls!

Life has been, well life. I've got a new set of ladies, who are now a bit over year old and laying like crazy. Thanks to a neighbor's dog had to start over. This group is very curious, but shy. I went several months without any fluffy butts and so am enjoying having them again.

Back
Top Bottom