Which is which? 😩

Kkakes414

Chirping
Jul 11, 2023
South Eastern Virginia
I ordered 1 speckled Sussex and 1 Welsummer. They sent me an extra so now I have 3 chicks that look a like when I didn’t even know which one was which in the first place lol… I’ve done research but from what I can see they are giving off vibes of either and I’m at a loss. Did a little photoshoot with each they posed well wondering if anyone can help me out 😊

**Side note: they are all going on a week old***

Attachments

• IMG_6196.jpeg
    IMG_6196.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6197.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6201.jpeg
    IMG_6201.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6200.jpeg
    IMG_6200.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6204.jpeg
    IMG_6204.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
    IMG_6205.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 12
It's going to be very difficult to tell until later with these. Leg color is different between these breeds-- white for Sussex, yellow for Welsumers. But from the photos I cannot see any difference in the colors of their legs. Maybe it will be easier for you since you're there in person.

Otherwise you will have to wait until the feather out. Sussex will have white mixed in their coloring, Welsumers will not.

It's going to be very difficult to tell until later with these. Leg color is different between these breeds-- white for Sussex, yellow for Welsumers. But from the photos I cannot see any difference in the colors of their legs. Maybe it will be easier for you since you're there in person.

Otherwise you will have to wait until the feather out. Sussex will have white mixed in their coloring, Welsumers will not.
To me all their legs look the same color maybe some have a more yellowish tinge but it is very slight 😂 I also read that Sussex’s eyeliner points up but from what I see their all point down.

To me all their legs look the same color maybe some have a more yellowish tinge but it is very slight 😂

My Welsummer had pink legs as a chick too. I thought it was strange, but some kind soul on this forum told me that it’s normal and not to worry. Her legs are indeed plenty yellow now at nearly 6 weeks old, but didn’t start to turn noticeably yellow until the 3rd week. By then you should be able to distinguish between them better, I imagine.

2 days old
511B1CB9-55B9-482D-83D5-4EF70A42D7CA.jpeg

2 weeks old
97B674AC-A59E-4898-872A-9885B70FC2E5.jpeg

3 weeks old
072C8860-DC08-4ADD-AD76-ECCCE6A3608B.jpeg
(This is the best leg shot I have of her at this age, lol. Poor dear is being used as a springboard by one of the other chicks who wanted to launch herself at my cellphone 🤣 )

My Welsummer had pink legs as a chick too. I thought it was strange, but some kind soul on this forum told me that it’s normal and not to worry. Her legs are indeed plenty yellow now at nearly 6 weeks old, but didn’t start to turn noticeably yellow until the 3rd week. By then you should be able to distinguish between them better, I imagine.

2 days old
View attachment 3586969

2 weeks old
View attachment 3586978

3 weeks old
View attachment 3586980
(This is the best leg shot I have of her at this age, lol. Poor dear is being used as a springboard by one of the other chicks who wanted to launch herself at my cellphone 🤣 )
Thank you for this, I’m just eager to find out which breed I got an extra of 😂

Back
Top Bottom