Which Lavender Orpington Rooster should I keep?

Ok Well I have to watch my rooster numbers and these two are ganging up on the hens the smaller roo is the dominant roo so while he breeds with the hens the bigger roo grabs there heads that is why I am wanting to go down to one roo. They are currently in with my laying flock while the lavender split hens I bought are growing out. I really wanted to pick one according to breed standards.

I would go for #1 because it has a much larger weight and the comb looks better. Both are great looking birds! It hard to find lavenders with a good weight because they have been bred for color.

I would go for #1 because it has a much larger weight and the comb looks better. Both are great looking birds! It hard to find lavenders with a good weight because they have been bred for color.

If you are choosing strictly according to breed standards, I agree with Nicole. Keep # 1.

Ty everyone I really want to breed to breed standards and just wanted to make sure he was the right choice,

I do not know how to judge according to the breed standard, but I always make the call based on temperament. Any aggression toward people & he has to go. You don't want to pass those traits to his offspring.

Yeah neither has people aggression but i did send two to freezer camp today that were extremely aggressive to people one pecked me so hard it broke the skin I won't deal with that.

I don't know enough of breed standard to be of any help. If temperaments are equal then I would keep #1. Keep in mind this is strictly an outsider "oh, that's a GOOD lookin' chicken!" opinion. Both are lovely but for some reason #1 is my favorite.

goodpost.gif
Same here.

Back
Top Bottom