Which Post Office?

shedinator

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2016
I had chicks shipped this year, and due to a one day delay they'll be arriving while I'm out of town, leaving my wife to pick them up. I tried to find where she'll need to pick them up, but am getting two different results from USPS. How do I tell where my package is going to be waiting?

Safest thing to do is, right now, drive to the post office where you think your mail comes out of. Tell them your address and ask if that is the correct post office. If they tell you that the mail to your exact street address goes to the other post office, go there next. Tell the staff at the correct post office that the chicks are coming, and please feel free to call you right away, no need for the staff to be courteous and wait until 8 am.

Safest thing to do is, right now, drive to the post office where you think your mail comes out of. Tell them your address and ask if that is the correct post office. If they tell you that the mail to your exact street address goes to the other post office, go there next. Tell the staff at the correct post office that the chicks are coming, and please feel free to call you right away, no need for the staff to be courteous and wait until 8 am.
Yes! They called me around 6 am and advised which door to come to. I knocked and they brought the chicks to me. But, when they call, confirm the location as well!

Also go online and request notification of deliveries and they will send you email notices of days delivery in advance. I called my closest one put them on alert to avoid putting my chicks on a truck. I asked them to hold them there and call me when arrived so I can pick up. Went off without a hitch. You can also do this online direct how you want to be notified for a certain package with specific directions to hold and call owner upon arrival.

Good luck. Hopefully they are all healthy.

We got 26 chicks last Jan. Unfortunately all DOA. But, bc I opened them at the PO (at around 6:30am) I was able to refuse shipment. In addition, they were a witness to the DOA. I took pics in case the hatchery needed them for refund. Anyway, I recommend checking Chick status before you leave PO. Most likely they will all be fine, and you can enjoy your new little fluff balls.

Never depend on the USPS.... they are as reliable as a friend when you're in downtown jail in a drunk tank trying to get a ride back home the next morning.

Never depend on the USPS.... they are as reliable as a friend when you're in downtown jail in a drunk tank trying to get a ride back home the next morning.
You do realize that USPS is the only shipping provider that ships day old chicks, right? What alternative are you proposing? (Besides getting chicks locally).

Back
Top Bottom