White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
Fat Daddy,

I just had the exact same thing happen to my large rooster. He was close to 12 lbs. I found him dead in the morning, laying on his back. No marks, no signs of illness prior. It's a tragedy. He was hugely wide across his back. I have two of his sons, but they aren't as big.
I thought My boy broke his neck he panicked went on his back and struggled . i had no idea if i could of saved him , i would have my fav boy

My birds were from eggs bought from FD by a friend. He purchased eggs, hatched them and I bought a pair, plus I got some extra eggs since I only had one pair. I've View attachment 1353788 got my first hatch April 14th and have 14 eggs in the incubator due soon. I just went and bought a cockerel and 3 more pullets this evening .So excited now maybe Ill have a much larger batch to chose from for next yr. The rest will go to the freezer. Here's a couple pics of my first hatch and my new ones. View attachment 1353790 View attachment 1353793 View attachment 1353798
Hey Little Eden My birds too came from FD he is an amazing guy. i have some eggs from SC in a bator and more under a hen and some from My state so crossing fingers . Enjoy the birds they are cool .

Last hatch of the year, 28 April finally graduated to the run. Only 2 of 30 were brave enough to explore. Had to swoosh the remaining fearful 28 to create more targets of opportunity. Once all 30 were out the handful of older bullies gave up chasing a target rich environment.

Between now and November will need to whittle a total of 60 down to 6. Gonna eat a lot of chicken.
IMAG0306.jpg

My hen just hatched 8 of 10 eggs and i took a look at the 2 left after she moved off her nest and put them in the bator . the eggs from sc where a no go . the ones from my state Local man has 4 more days looks like another 9 from 12 eggs Crossing fingers
These Birds are the coolest . picking up a trio from Down south guy been out of breeding for a while but still had some of his best birds in the family cant wait to get them Friday YEAH HAW and all 4 pens are up and look so empty

Tammy, do you have a contact for the guy in SC? Is he a breeder? Feel free to PM, I am on the lookout for quality Cornish of any color and live in SC.

2 groups on FB. International Cornish Breeders Association and Cornish Chickens Only are the 2 most active groups. Better chance of finding something there than here.

My two whites are getting big. They are 4 weeks now. I think I have a pair. The one that is feathering out slower has much thicker legs and is taller and less finely boned than the other. I have them in a brooder with some of my Dark Cornish, EEs and some guineas. Everyone gets along. Thanks @Fairview01 for the eggs!
IMG_7933 (2).JPG

IMG_7942 (2).JPG

My two whites are getting big. They are 4 weeks now. I think I have a pair. The one that is feathering out slower has much thicker legs and is taller and less finely boned than the other. I have them in a brooder with some of my Dark Cornish, EEs and some guineas. Everyone gets along. Thanks @Fairview01 for the eggs!
View attachment 1421983
View attachment 1421984

Glad you got something out of the eggs. Stay in touch and if you don't have a pair, we will figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom