White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
Excellent weights
1f44d.png

It's what I'm striving for although I have a bit of work to do yet before I get there
1f914.png

Keep posting FD this is a very interesting thread
1f44d.png

I cleaned up and vac-sealed this weekends butcher last night.... Freezer is filling up! I don't put the wings in vac-seal bags. They just don't last that long! ;-) If you haven't tried vac-sealing for yourself you really should try. Done right food will last a scary long time in the freezer. I recently found a bag of chukar (a real treat) that was dated more than 2 years ago.... No sign of freezer burn and seemed as good as the day I put it in...

Butchered 8 more yesterday. One more empty pen. This group was right at 18 weeks and all cockerels. One was close to 8 lb. Most were around 7 thou. Nice big leg quarters and huge wings! Make great "cave man chicken" on the beer fire! One more pen of cockerels left of around 8 younger birds. The plucker makes the whole deal so much less work....

Had a little get together for my bride's birthday on the farm. We have a little park by the pond. Good place to just hang out. Some of the birds I dressed last week. THIS is "Cave man chicken" on the beer fire!

Great thread FD! It was a very good read, and I look forward to reading more as you continue.

I'm currently working on my own meat project, and if I can get to those weights even by 20 weeks, I'll be thrilled. I'm using dark Cornish and White Rocks mainly, likely going to try them together, separately, and any other combinations I can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom