White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
That looks like a strand of DNA, but I don't know how to read it. Genetics are very confusing!:th:he
This is why I would like to just start off with people telling me what will most likely happen, and when I have enough experience, I will generally be expert in knowing what can happen just by looking at the pair! Mwahahahaha!(evil laugh)

20170703_211346.jpg

There are three of each color out of the first batch. Didn't get a chance to take them outside and get the pictures in the sunlight. Placed the second batch in lock down. I know it sounds odd.... I don't candle the eggs. I do smell the eggs as I take them out of the turner. Had two that were probably ready to explode. I realllllly hate it when that happens.lol

The bottom pic, chick on the right is the chicks I like to see.... a lot of it is angle too, but you can see the width between the legs and shank diameter really well on that little bird.

The bottom pic, chick on the right is the chicks I like to see.... a lot of it is angle too, but you can see the width between the legs and shank diameter really well on that little bird.

Do you have any pictures of juvenile birds during grow out with characteristics that caused you to cull them as soon as you observed it.

At least for me seeing defects would go a long way to keeping my flock strong as I get to know what I should be looking for. Raising chickens I'm not new to but raising them with certain confirmation goals in mind I am.

Knowing what I shouldn't have can be a whole lot more important than knowing what I should have.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom