White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
20170707_223052.jpg

I use my phone for all computer work. Said phone has a very cracked screen. As a result some of the cracks run through the keyboard. There are times what I think I typed and what the cracked phone predicts are VERY DIFFERENT.

Does he ship chicks or eggs?

Yes Greg, I have shipped a lot of eggs this year. 466 to be eggzact. If it all works out there could be 19 new breeders of white cornish come spring. As far as shipping live birds, Thats somewhere I no longer choose to go. My birds started to slow down and the broody instinct was building to the point I gave in and allowed them to sit if they wanted. I now have 6 out of 12 hens on a nest. So many that my feed consumption is noticeably lower..... Needless to say the egg out put is nearly nill now. So it will be next spring before I try ship any more eggs. The fertility was due to plummet anyway. I have never allowed my cornish to sit eggs and dont know how smart it is to let them in the hot weather. But we'll see how it goes. I have already hatched more chicks than I need this spring, but they wanted to sit SO BAD!

Back
Top Bottom