White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
And where are you at with -40 winters?
I want to make SURE I never go there!!
:) I don't believe we even had a freeze our climate is subtropical with emphasis on the tropical

You're making me feel bad. Gonna be a long night for me. Have six that will hit 21 days tomorrow. One has just pipped the shell. Gonna have to check on them at least a million times.

I don't think those are real. I think they are stuffed or something. It's unatural for chick(ens) to remain calm and pose for a pic. when I try to take a pic of mine, they go stupid on me and run all over the place. How you do it JR.
Just rereading some posts.if I try and put one at a time on the towel to take a picture they jump back into the brooder. Group photos seem to keep them calm,but not for long. :)

Just watching the chicks this morning. I still can't get over how wide they are looking across the back ,wing to wing and the legs.....:)
Another thing I've noticed is they sound different. They have more of a whistle than a cheep. A lot of folks think all chickens are the same but it just ain't true. I have a Cochin hybrid that has a mellow warble. I always find it amazing how different they can be.

Gonna be spending 12 hours on the road tomorrow. Oof!!!. I sent my wife a text today (she works nights) while she was sleeping to let her know I would be taking a road trip for that tomorrow. Her reply was, "Is this a hobby or an obsession" To which I relied YUP!!

JR, all kidding aside, how old are those chicks of yours? I had one hatch today with my assistance (It had pipped >24 hours ago) and it aint no where as big as yours. Somewhat puny imo but I' not for sure which hen it came from. One of my hens is pretty puny herself
How did the hatch turn out??

IMAG0346.jpg
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3517.JPG
IMAG0345.jpg
How did the hatch turn out??

Just got in a few minutes ago. This is what greeted me. Unfortunately they seem to be quite a bit smaller than the FD chicks you just hatched out. Lmao.
This is what I brought back from San Antonio today. Oof talk about a lot of driving. I wish they would finish I35. I wonder how many millions of people made this project a career and retired. I've been in TX for over 30 years and it still isn't done.

Anyway enough of my whimpering. This Brower is more than 99% complete. The water pan is missing, the hinges and latch are missing, and the whatever it is that lights up between the switches is missing. Underside of the lid has the model number which I can't fully read but it clearly states it will hold 1200 eggs. Yikes. If I have 12 at one time I'm thinking I'm in the money. For those that are lusting for one of these I won't depress you and tell you what I paid for it.

Yeah I am. Ya'll can be jealous. I stole it for $100.00. Couldnt get out of there fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom