White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
Thanks..
i familiar with Ralphie's toads.

But I was wondering if just "plain regular" CX could live long enough to breed on their own...not with mixing them with other breeds.

Is that possible?
I have Betty my original CX from Murray McMurray. She was hatched 2/6/2015. She has laid near 100 eggs a year. She is fertile when you put a large enough rooster with her. Spike my last CX rooster got bumble foot from his 14 pound weight. Now chicken and rice soup, he gave me some amazing chicks this year, with Betty, for next year's crop.
20170601_125853.jpg
20170730_210305.jpg
20170806_121432.jpg
20150717_120550.jpg

This is BROODY BETTY, yes this CX went broody 3 times. Her daughter next to her with the pea comb goes broody just as often. I have raised nearly 85 chicks off of Betty. All of my Dark Cornish x CX F1 hens. She is grandma to over 250. This is her third laying season. Yes they can be bred, they can survive and be productive.
20160501_162120 (2).jpg

I have Betty my original CX from Murray McMurray. She was hatched 2/6/2015. She has laid near 100 eggs a year. She is fertile when you put a large enough rooster with her. Spike my last CX rooster got bumble foot from his 14 pound weight. Now chicken and rice soup, he gave me some amazing chicks this year, with Betty, for next year's crop.
View attachment 1124295 View attachment 1124296 View attachment 1124297 View attachment 1124300

This is BROODY BETTY, yes this CX went broody 3 times. Her daughter next to her with the pea comb goes broody just as often. I have raised nearly 85 chicks off of Betty. All of my Dark Cornish x CX F1 hens. She is grandma to over 250. This is her third laying season. Yes they can be bred, they can survive and be productive.
View attachment 1124302
Thanks!

I followed this feeding chart. After she was grown I did not worry too much about limiting her feed. She eats with the others. She was fed on the every day feeding schedule. Full feed until 4 weeks of age, then I weighed feed every day. It was a group of four. Two cockerels, two pullets. Both cockerels died with in a week of becoming sexually mature. I bought a Dark Cornish cockerel to cross them with so I would not have to do the limit feed thing all the time.

LL.jpg

I followed this feeding chart. After she was grown I did not worry too much about limiting her feed. She eats with the others. She was fed on the every day feeding schedule. Full feed until 4 weeks of age, then I weighed feed every day. It was a group of four. Two cockerels, two pullets. Both cockerels died with in a week of becoming sexually mature. I bought a Dark Cornish cockerel to cross them with so I would not have to do the limit feed thing all the time.

View attachment 1126679
So you did or did not "mate" her with another CX?

I am new to Standard White Cornish. I got 15 straight runs chicks about 5 weeks old this past weekend. One of them has a few feathers that are black. What's up with that? Any help would be appreciated , thanks.

I am new to Standard White Cornish. I got 15 straight runs chicks about 5 weeks old this past weekend. One of them has a few feathers that are black. What's up with that? Any help would be appreciated , thanks.
Where did you purchase them from? At 5 weeks you should be just able to sex them. Pictures please.

Back
Top Bottom