White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
I guess I was lucky enough to get eggs from him when he had them. My 25 eggs from Fat Daddy gave me 10 birds and those ten birds now have 23 chicks and 3-4 dozen more eggs in the incubator. Averaging around a 70% hatch rate. My "pen C" is a little lacking though.

I guess I was lucky enough to get eggs from him when he had them. My 25 eggs from Fat Daddy gave me 10 birds and those ten birds now have 23 chicks and 3-4 dozen more eggs in the incubator. Averaging around a 70% hatch rate. My "pen C" is a little lacking though.
Awesome!
Can you share a few pics of your birds?

My birds were from eggs bought from FD by a friend. He purchased eggs, hatched them and I bought a pair, plus I got some extra eggs since I only had one pair. I've
IMG_20180423_192228.jpg
got my first hatch April 14th and have 14 eggs in the incubator due soon. I just went and bought a cockerel and 3 more pullets this evening .So excited now maybe Ill have a much larger batch to chose from for next yr. The rest will go to the freezer. Here's a couple pics of my first hatch and my new ones.
IMG_20180423_194735.jpg
IMG_20180414_095951.jpg
IMG_20180420_130846.jpg

Woops haven't quite got the hang of how to post much yet. These are my first hatch of LFW Cornish. They are from FD lines. A friend bought eggs from FD last yr and when they were five months old I bought a pair. Now I have chicks. 14 and more soon. Most fascinating bird I have ever raised.

Does anyone relative close to me have a spare rooster from Fat Daddy's "Pen C" that I could work out a deal with? Or a separate blood line for that matter. My rooster has a cleft foot and hasn't mounted up based on eggs coming from that pen.

Back
Top Bottom