White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
As usual drooling... love The Cornish
Draft (1).png

I also ship eggs in late spring.

Thank you for your opinions! I appreciate the input. We plan to hatch most of the eggs laid again this coming year. Culling very hard toward the SOP. Its my hope to hatch birds what will be my first attempt at exhibition. I'll be happy if we simply are'nt too embarrassed by our stock. The best part is, I'll get plenty of very good 16 week old birds for my freezer! Im putting together one large grow-out pen/coop now.... We'll keep the best two hens from each pen. Then add them to the breeding pen they came from in the fall when.... I also plan to keep a few of the best trios to sell or gift, I have no illusion of my birds ever making money. Thats not why I raise them. I just really like the bird. If you've ever tried to buy good LF White Cornish, its nearly impossible..... That should'nt be the case. Its my hope that we can help make breeders of good whites more common! Bill

How well do your Cornish hold up in cold weather?
I heard that Cornish can't handle cold weather because they have close fitting feathers?
Is that true?
Do you sell and ship hatching eggs?

How well do your Cornish hold up in cold weather?
I heard that Cornish can't handle cold weather because they have close fitting feathers?
Is that true?
Do you sell and ship hatching eggs?

I live in north central Texas. We can get into the teens and sometimes single digits at times. All my coops are open year round. I also use hoop coops with tarps for shelter. They do fine.

Yes i sell eggs in mid spring after i havey needs satisfied.

I live in north central Texas. We can get into the teens and sometimes single digits at times. All my coops are open year round. I also use hoop coops with tarps for shelter. They do fine.

Yes i sell eggs in mid spring after i havey needs satisfied.

Awesome.
White Cornish are hard to find.

Awesome.
White Cornish are hard to find.

The International Cornish Breed Association is having the western nationals at Sedalia, Missouri this weekend which i will attend and the Eastern nationals at Columbus Ohio later in the year. You are pretty much in between them somewhat, maybe if you use your imagination.

Thank you for your opinions! I appreciate the input. We plan to hatch most of the eggs laid again this coming year. Culling very hard toward the SOP. Its my hope to hatch birds what will be my first attempt at exhibition. I'll be happy if we simply are'nt too embarrassed by our stock. The best part is, I'll get plenty of very good 16 week old birds for my freezer! Im putting together one large grow-out pen/coop now.... We'll keep the best two hens from each pen. Then add them to the breeding pen they came from in the fall when.... I also plan to keep a few of the best trios to sell or gift, I have no illusion of my birds ever making money. Thats not why I raise them. I just really like the bird. If you've ever tried to buy good LF White Cornish, its nearly impossible..... That should'nt be the case. Its my hope that we can help make breeders of good whites more common! Bill
Fat Daddy are you still active on BYC?

Back
Top Bottom