White Crested Black Polish crossed with Silver Sebright or Silver Duckwing OEGB?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all!
We just lost one of our favorite chickens -Skunk. Skunk was a white crested black polish, and we loved her. She had the sweetest personality, and loved to be held. She would even jump on your head, or pull at your shirt/pant leg for attention.
Before she passed away, she was in a pen with a Silver Sebright rooster, and a Silver Duckwing OEGB. We decided to try and incubate the last two eggs that she had layed while in that pen. We don't know 100% if they are fertile. I candled one, and thought I saw something, but they it has only been about 2 1/2 days in the incubator, and I probably was just imagining something in there. 🥺😭
In case they are fertile, and just out of general curiosity, I was wondering what the crosses may look like. Please share any pictures of a Polish x Silver Duckwing OEGB, or a Polish x Silver Sebright. Thank you in advance.

I am so sorry you lost your girl:(. I have two white capped black polish and I agree they are the sweetest birds. I am not much help in answering your question but I wanted to offer my condolences. I hope Skunk's eggs hatch for you! Good luck!:)

:hugsIf she was in with two boys, i’de bet her eggs are fertile. Hopefully you will have some chicks soon!
Thank you! I really hope so. Of course, if they are fertile, they may not hatch. And, if everything does go well and they do hatch, they'll probably be roosters. :rolleyes: :)
I just wish I knew what they might look like. Although, it would be fun to guess.

How long must a hen be with roosters for her eggs to be fertile? If a hen is in the middle of creating an egg, and a rooster mates with her, will that egg be fertile? Will her next eggs be fertile? This whole thing has got me so confused. Haha
I just want two little Silver Sebright x Polish hens. But, that's probably asking for too much. 🙃

How did that all go @CaramelKittey ?
It didn't. 🙃 Turns out her eggs weren't fertile. I've never forget Skunk but honestly I only vaguely remember trying to hatch her eggs! I've since learned more about chicken genetics for other reasons. If I had to guess now I would say they'd probably have messy incomplete lacing if the Sebright had fertilized the eggs, not really sure what they'd look like had the old english sired them.:)

Back
Top Bottom