White Faced Black Spanish

Quote:
Try to contact Lund Poultry/Terry Lund. He's in Wisconsin & has good heritage stock. I have had trouble getting eggs from him to hatch, but it's because the post office at my end seems to enjoy playing football with egg packages! Lots of other folks on here have had good luck getting his eggs to hatch, and I believe he also ships chicks.

Last edited:
Quote:
My Spanish are bantams, and in mine the males faces begin to whiten fairly quickly (2-3 months of age). With my females they are a little slower and that is something I am working on right now. In the picture I posted above these girls are all pullets so their facial color is still coming on. Ideally they should have their color in by the time they hit a year old but preferably before that time.

My WFBS are large fowl. My males have almost all white faces now, and they were hatched I think June 7th or 8th (I'll have to look in my records for the exact date). In any case, they're 5 months old. The boys were crowing at 6-8 weeks of age! The females are slower to develop the white face, but it is normal for this breed to not develop a FULL white face until after their first molt & should not be shown until after they've had their first molt and have a fully developed whiteface.

That being said, though, that of the 11 females I have, 5 have nice white development on their faces, while the rest are still kind of "pink faced". It takes a while.

If anyone in this area is interested, I have 2 trios for sale.

I have always admired the breed...I don't have any photos of real birds...but I do have a photos of some artwork that I did for a WF Blk. Spanish breeder: Here's the cock bird....
69973_wf_black_spanish_004.jpg
I love the very formal white faces on the good birds I've seen at shows and on this thread....nice birds.

Hi beutiful i admire artwork and that nice spanish white face cock , very nice.
cheers, Henry.

We are currently working with a trio of LF WFB Spanish,
Here's one of my hens
smile.png

She has recently produced some beautiful chicks for us
wink.png

will be culling vigorously for some show birds out of then this yr, can't wait to start showing some of these
smile.png

12005_imag4096-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom