White Leghorns bonding

These stories are so wonderful to hear! I cleaned out the bathtub/brooder tonight, so they were just hanging out in the bathroom with me while I did. A couple of them were really intrigued with the process.

That's really cute!
goodpost.gif

Just bought a pair of White Leghorn bantams, about 4 months old I think, at a chicken swap. The little cock already crows. They are beautiful and very calm and friendly. The little hen has a 1-finger wide vent space, so I won't be surprised to get an egg sometime soon. Couldn't be happier with them. After being in the car for half an hour and then in a dog crate for a while, we finally got a comfy pen ready for them and they settled right down. Didn't want to put them in the coop right away, so we will watch them in the pen till we know them a bit better and our weather settles down.

Since our chicks are white leghorns, I was not expecting much in the way of bonding. Everything I've read is how flighty & scared they are. "Not cuddly," was said a lot. So I'm absolutely astounded at how sweet these chicks are! They perch on my daughters' arms, hang out in their laps, lie down & sleep in our hands. Catching them is still a flapping good time, but once they're in our hands, they're so chill. It's just awesome. I'm so happy with them!
I have 4 baby hens, 2 big girls and one rooster. My babies love to cuddle and use me a personal jungle gym. I imprinted as much as I could when they were born so they feel as though I'm there mother. Now my big girls are more like the norm because I didn't handle them as much but my baby boy.... he is fully trained with voice commands. He knows up, down, come, stay, no and yes plus his name. He is very gentle but very protective of me and his hens. The babies and rooster love taking naps with me. My rooster has his special blanket. Oh and he loves getting kisses.

This is Ash and two of my baby girls.

Attachments

• Snapchat-661977235.jpg
    Snapchat-661977235.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-446534998.jpg
    Snapchat-446534998.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-650878114.jpg
    Snapchat-650878114.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-1356623672.jpg