White mass in chicken eye

View attachment 1889432 Great news! I left her alone a couple days, because the saline washes and ointment ritual we were following was not helping much. I've been keeping an eye on her (lol) and finally this morning it looked more accessible. So this is most of it that had... risen to the surface (maybe?). There's a bit left in her eye but I will wait and see if it also gets looser before trying to pull it out. It really weirdly looks like scrambled egg. View attachment 1889383

I think I got very lucky with whatever this is! It has been a long week or so of many eye related dreams and nightmares and sympathetic eye twitches. Thank you guys so much for all the advice, it is so wonderful to have people to ask who have experienced similar issues! You guys are lifesavers :).

Ps. I personally wouldn't use borax for eyes, but I like it for laundry detergent and I use it for ants and roaches with possible moderate success.
Awesome!!! What do you think the speckles in it, are? Grass cuttings or seeds or bugs?

Have you personally done this?

I have to disagree.
Borax (laundry soap)is toxic to chickens. Perhaps you are thinking of Boric Acid which is found in some ophthalmic products, even at that Boric Acid should not be used in chickens.

A purchased saline solution can be used or if the OP desires it, they can make their own.

This is from the Borax website https://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/compare/borax-vs-boric-acid/
Borax is safe when used as intended
Borax should not come into contact with your eyes or mouth. It is considered an eye irritant and may be harmful if swallowed.
As with all household products, borax should be kept out of reach of children.
Colloidal Silver heals most eye problems in mammals and humans caused by fungus or bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom