White Polish Gender?

rfulenwider

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2015
Hen or rooster?Im kinda leaning toward rooster...but I don't even know how to tell on a polish!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Is it the same bird in both pics, same age? Cause the first pic looks to have a more smooth, even top hat, usually a hen sign. But the second pic looks like a rooster, with the wild and crazy 'do. If both pics are the same bird, I'm saying male.

:welcome

Is it the same bird in both pics, same age? Cause the first pic looks to have a more smooth, even top hat, usually a hen sign. But the second pic looks like a rooster, with the wild and crazy 'do. If both pics are the same bird, I'm saying male.

Yes it is the same bird...pics taken a few weeks apart.

How old is your polish? Could you get a pic of the bird stood up so you can see how the tail is? Looking at your second pic of the bird being held it does not look like it has a lot of wattles. I have a White pullet and she has a crazy crest that looks like it should belong to a Roo!!

could you get a better picture of the crest/comb?

He got picked on by my hens and now has a huge bald spot in his crest so I'm not sure if a better pic would help or not :(
these aren't any better I'm afraid.

I tried to cover his bald/raw spot so that they would stop picking at him
1f615.png

Yes he's a boy now I have seen your other pics. Wattles are much more visible with a side shot.

Polish do get picked on even the boys, there fancy crests attract unwanted attention I'm afraid.

How old is your polish? Could you get a pic of the bird stood up so you can see how the tail is? Looking at your second pic of the bird being held it does not look like it has a lot of wattles. I have a White pullet and she has a crazy crest that looks like it should belong to a Roo!!

He(or she) is just over 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom