White Rocks from Mt Healthy

ive got barred rocks from them and they are small ive got em from mc murray meyer and cackle hatchery the 2 hatcherys i have found to have large dual propose roosters are WELP and Purely poultry ive got white rocks from them now who are large birds hens are to ive got Red sex links from welp all roosters were very nice birds

These are the same birds that are sold at TSC in our area and they are smaller. The plain white rocks are smaller than our others. A good mature White Plymouth Rock should mature from 7 to 8 pounds and he roos should get to around 9 pounds.

Their cornish rocks grow out well.

We have tried the 12 hour thing with the cornish and lost 0 out of 50. But much larger weights with 23 hour feeding light off 1 hour. we only lost 1 from flopover out of 50 this way. 8 pounds vs 6 lb is worth the loss.

If you are looking for a hatchery then Meyer Hatchery in Polk, Ohio has nice White Rocks.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have had them from Meyer and I wouldn't call them runts myself. They have nice stock. My current White Rocks aren't from there but I've had some in the past that were very nice.

Huge... pretty big... nice...runts... all generalities... compared to bantoms or Jersy Giants or what? Specific numbers PLEASE !

Quote:
I was comparing to the standard weight of a WR

Entry From Last Years Production Records (these birds were free but from Meyer)
06-29-2010 Butcher 11 of 11 Comet Roosters Meat 30.75 Pound(s) Weight

Dressed weights averaged to just over 2 3/4 lbs each @ 16 weeks, 3 days.

These were hatched on 3/7/2010 and fed regular 14 - 16% feed and allowed to free range.

I didn't enter records from the 2009 years WR Roosters (extras) from Meyer but my regular WRs weigh a little more weight to them this at the same age. I have good software now to help me track everything.I'm still entering stuff from 2010 so I have nice comparisons this year.

Back
Top Bottom