Whitewash the Inside Of Your Coop: Recipe, Cheap and Easy

Oh, yes! I'll most definitely wear gloves. I can't wait! I love anything vintage looking and the whitewash look is definitely in that shabby chic category. I was just looking at our local Rural King ad and it had "Pelletized Lime" in a 40 lb bag on sale. Is that the same as Hydrated Lime?? Seems like a really good deal if it is...

@Tooshay89 I really can't tell if that is hydrated...my hydrated lime was a powder...I got it at a hardware/feed store in their gardening area. Lowe's didn't have it...be sure to ask and make sure it is the HYDRATED stuff...it can be very confusing cause different limes are called all different names...and has different properties and uses....talk to someone at the store that KNOWS THEIR STUFF....hint: it is NOT dolomitic or dolomite lime...

@mobius no, it's not the right stuff. I've looked EVERYWHERE. Apparently no one sells it here locally, which is odd because I'm in a huge agricultural/horse capital area. I ended up having to order it online, which is fine, but paying $50 to ship a $10 bag of lime sucks. It better be the best bag of hydrated lime you've ever seen ;)

@mobius no, it's not the right stuff. I've looked EVERYWHERE. Apparently no one sells it here locally, which is odd because I'm in a huge agricultural/horse capital area. I ended up having to order it online, which is fine, but paying $50 to ship a $10 bag of lime sucks. It better be the best bag of hydrated lime you've ever seen
wink.png

Absolutely, that is AWFUL! So sorry...and yes, my bag cost about $10...

Last edited:
What is the consistency of this could you put it through a paint sprayer

I would not cause the lime is a bit granular and leaches out of the water if you don't keep it mixed frequently...sounds like a cool idea but I think your sprayer would get clogged.And we don't want THAT!! A garden pump sprayer MIGHT work! Hadn't even thought of that....mix some up and you will see what I am talking about....

Back
Top Bottom