Who Else Has A Broody In January!?!?!

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Yup, I have my first broody. And I am definitely not going to stop her! I hope she pulls it off, I've wanted a hen to raise chicks for so long. I can't wait for it to happen.
ya.gif
I'm going to give it a couple days then check her to see how many she has under her. She is a chunky little thing so hopefully a lot.

She's the white one in the back. An EE buff brahma mix hen. Her mom has never went broody! Definitely not who I expected to go broody.

42359_buffy_and_itsy.jpg

Last edited:
I think she is sitting on some pure BBS Ameraucana eggs so I hope she doesn't give up! I did have a hen go broody once before but she gave up 2 weeks in. I swear she went broody to avoid being sent to the fall sale. Sly hen.

I do I do!! My Blue Silky has been brooding and empty nest for about 2 wk now. I don't want to have babies now, as I'm afraid they will get cold outside and I don't want them inside, so I've been leaving her alone for the most part.

Awesome, more people with broodies!!

I wonder when mine will be due. I've been bad and haven't collected eggs in a couple days so it will be a bit of a surprise!

Oh and please share what breed you have going broody and pics if you can
smile.png

I have one and I worry about her constantly. She's a salmon faverolles, only 7 months old. She's a very determined girl, and here we are having record cold temperatures.
hmm.png

She's actually on her second clutch of eggs, since the first ones were no good.

My blrw Dottie, has been trying to hatch air for almost 4 weeks. Can't break her and gave up trying!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom