Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I have 4 chickens, I just lost 2 to my dog, so im starting over

The two i lost was almost ready to lay eggs aswell..

Anywyas loll, my chicken is a buff cochin bantam and shes about 25 weeks old :) late bloomer lol

Last edited:
16 week, 3 day old mixed flock of Buff Orps, Barred Rocks, RIR, and Eggers.........getting closer.......some are redder in the comb/wattles than others......

I have a new flock also:) got all as lil babies. 12-15 weeks old now and time is dragging. Just can't wait

4 silkies
2 Cochin
1 Easter egger
1 rhode island white
1 brown leghorn
1 naked neck Silkie

At least they are laying!
1f609.png

Maybe I could get some advice? I have 6 chickens about 15/16 weeks old
3 RIR
3 Delaware
Their all about the same age
Well one of the RIR's has been off by herself most of the time, she is slightly smaller than the others
When they eat,free ranging or just hanging out.
Is this normal ?
Think she's being bullied?

I only got my ladies on Tuesday. It looks like I'm in for a longish wait before we get eggs. I'm a real novice to all of this, didn't even know that their wattles and combs change colour as they come in to laying. One of our neighbours got the same kind of chickens as us a while ago, and two have escaped and I see them along the roadside, they are much redder in the wattles than ours.

2 NH reds
2 Barred Rocks
All 4 are just over 6 weeks old... No eggs til late September at teh earliest...

then there are the 4 Buff Orpingtons... they are only about 3 weeks old.... Mid October for them.....
I am not very good at waiting!

Back
Top Bottom