Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I never counted how many day old but my RIR's are 122 days old (18weeks) and they were 120days old when they laid their first eggs I'm hoping to see some eggs when I get home.

GOT OUR FIRST EGG!!!!!! I believe this is from my red sex link girl Rose. She's the only one with a really red comb right now. They are only about 17 weeks old! I'm so excited!!!!

Ok i know i keep posting with hopes of the first egg annnny day now! I know my little leghorn is gonna pop one out anny moment!... The other day my boyfriend sent me a pic before i got home from work, of an egg set on shavings- my forst thought was "omg an egg!!!", second thought-"that jerk found the first egg!!!!!", and third thought- "wait a second i've been using hay in the nesting boxes...." He tried to trick me!!! No first egg yet... But i did switch some boxes to shavings yesterday, thet just destroyed the hay and i am hoping shavings will be a bit more enticing! Eeeeek

That's really funny, but I hope you smacked him! Lol

I've been getting 1 egg a day now for the past 10 days. The problem is I have 10 hens (RIR's) but I'm only getting 1 egg a day. The other problem is the eggs are really small. How long before the eggs will get bigger? And when should I start getting more then 1 egg per day? Thanks in advance for any help

I got 1 for 6 days, 3 for the past 6 days. Today I got 3-1/2! I'll post a pic next, but I'm on mobile and have to switch to desktop to post a pic... But I will bet I'll get at least 4 tomorrow !

GOT OUR FIRST EGG!!!!!! I believe this is from my red sex link girl Rose. She's the only one with a really red comb right now. They are only about 17 weeks old! I'm so excited!!!!

My red sex links started at 17 weeks too, well the first one did! Lol

Got first egg today. How exciting, I feel like I want to take out a full page ad in the paper so everyone will know. Not sure who it belongs to, have it narrowed down to 3. Small but oh so dang cute. I can't believe how exciting it was to find it, worth the wait and worrying.

Got first egg today. How exciting, I feel like I want to take out a full page ad in the paper so everyone will know. Not sure who it belongs to, have it narrowed down to 3. Small but oh so dang cute. I can't believe how exciting it was to find it, worth the wait and worrying.
I know!!! I got my first one today and I was actually shocked to find it since they are 17 weeks old! I was just checking their food and water and looked in where they sleep and there it sat! I could almost hear the angels sing and I could have sworn it was glowing with light! Lol.

Alright what gives? One of my ee's has been squatting for like 15 days and no eggs. My leghorn squatting for about 10 days then started to lay...I was hoping she would have laid by now before the other 2 ee's so I could tell the eggs apart but they are starting to squat now... I'm going to end up with 3 colored eggs and have no clue who's is whos... silly birds

My girls are about 5 months old and have not started laying yet. They have been through a lot recenly though, and between the heat and stress, i understand.

Started with 6 girls, then about a month ago one of the girls started crowing. That week he died to a neighbor dog. So they no more free range and i was given a rooster. All but one of my now 5 girls hated him, but he finally won thevrest over.

Then I built then a nice large fenced in area to be able to run and flap their wings, but safer from the dogs.

Then lost one to something that waited until dark, crawled past the rooster into the henhouse, pulled out oneof the girls, jumped the fence, then got scared away.

The now 4 girls and my rooster weere nervous, then two days ago it happpened again.

So now I am down to three chickens, one rooster, and a parinoid self that checks every time one of my dogs bark.

Hopefully, the first egg will come soon!

Need to make sure to lock that coop up so nothing can take the others. What a bummer to have raised them this far and loose them. Set a timer on your phone to remind you to lock the coop. At least until it becomes habit.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom