Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Found my first egg today.:celebrate Just wish i knew who left me the surprise.
Congrats on your first egg! They will keep coming, and yes it would be nice to know who is laying what. One of mine is laying soft shelled eggs that keep getting stepped on and making a mess! I wonder if this means that she( whichever one she is) needs more calcium? I have them on layer feed. Anyone have any ideas short of hidden cameras for figuring out who laid what? Well, hang in there- yours will all get there eventually. I was convinced that my 7 were the 7 in a million that weren't going to lay LOL!

Oh happy day!!!!!

mine will be approx 19 week wed and their combs are still very pale probably won't happen for a couple of weeks yet. While on the subject when should i put bedding in the nest boxes.

Last edited:
I've gotten 4 eggs the past 2 days. Haven't checked today, I'm still at work
Yesterday, the palest egg was only her second egg and it was really bumpy. The first one the day before was perfect. The other 3 have been perfect for 2 weeks. Yesterdays bumpy one also had one little peck mark in it. But it was nice and clean, and hadn't been laid long (I had recently checked the box)
Would anyone NOT eat it?

Girls are 14 weeks weeks now, I keep scowling at their combs and making egg talk to them. All I get back from them is," cluck, cluck."

I miss the fresh eggs and am so impatient!

I have 3 black sex links and 6 EEs, they are17 weeks old. First egg today from a EE whick surprised me as I thought the sex link would be firstw

Back
Top Bottom