Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Still no egg from my girl squatting a few days ago but one of them sure was making a lot of noise this morning which they never do. The only time I hear them is when they get picked on. So fingers crossed!!!

Still no egg from my girl squatting a few days ago but one of them sure was making a lot of noise this morning which they never do. The only time I hear them is when they get picked on. So fingers crossed!!!

Good luck! My Dom has been squatting for over 2 weeks - now it's almost *obscene* she sticks her butt so high in the air. Lol! And someone has been going into one of the nesting boxes and rearranging the straw. But nada. Every morning I dash outside to check and they are all in the run, including her, quiet as mice. So I think the noise thing is promising!!! Let us know!!!

This is the first year in a long time I've not had hens. Rotated out oldest hens and renewed with hatched pullets. The nice thing about starting over with a new flock is the anxious expectation of that first egg. 21 weeks old now and combs are starting to change. The next month will be a long wait.

My 8 cuckoo marans must all be laying now at 24 weeks as I had my first 8 egg day. The hen that started laying first (Melina) started laying double yolk eggs right off the bat. At first they were barely the size of golf balls but with two yolks. Now they are in the Jumbo range while every one else is still laying small to medium eggs. I feel that I'm now in a transition stage going from when the heck are we going to get another egg to now what the heck are we going to do with all of these eggs. We are averaging 5-6 eggs a day so that is more than 2 doz. a week. No more store bought eggs!

I will!

Good luck! My Dom has been squatting for over 2 weeks - now it's almost *obscene* she sticks her butt so high in the air. Lol! And someone has been going into one of the nesting boxes and rearranging the straw. But nada. Every morning I dash outside to check and they are all in the run, including her, quiet as mice. So I think the noise thing is promising!!! Let us know!!!

Back
Top Bottom