Who else is waiting for that first egg?

False alarm a few minutes ago. Outside waiting for my 9 year oldso bus to come. We heard a huge racket coming from the nest box. The egg song was so loud. She proudly walks out the chicken coop with her 18 week old bright red comb, sort of strutting in a way.

My uncle looks inside the nest box, just to say, that b***h just planked us. Lol. No eggs yet. But she's singing in the nest box. Progress right?
Am I close to eggs?
I'm going crazy!

False alarm a few minutes ago. Outside waiting for my 9 year oldso bus to come. We heard a huge racket coming from the nest box. The egg song was so loud. She proudly walks out the chicken coop with her 18 week old bright red comb, sort of strutting in a way.

My uncle looks inside the nest box, just to say, that b***h just planked us. Lol. No eggs yet. But she's singing in the nest box. Progress right?
Am I close to eggs?
I'm going crazy!
Quote:
Pranked us? My phone corrected prank.lol

Hahahaha! She's planking you!
lau.gif

Nah, seriously though, it won't be too much longer....

Last edited:
I am starting to think I might never get eggs out of my Golden Laced Wyandottes. I have 2 Easter Eggers that are laying like champs for 4 weeks now. My 2GLWs are now 26 weeks and no eggs from them. Unless they lay blue eggs? Does anyone know if Golden Lace Wyandottes mature later? They are so big and bossy to the EEs my patience is starting to run out. Ha!

Finally! One of the other girls laid one! So that makes 2 layers! It was beautiful, small, but beautiful! Some speckling on the egg too! I have only a guess which one it came from though.

This is most of the eggs I have gotten so far too. The first several have already been cooked and enjoyed :)

I am patiently (LOL) waiting for the 2nd egg or the second layer
Finally! One of the other girls laid one! So that makes 2 layers! It was beautiful, small, but beautiful! Some speckling on the egg too! I have only a guess which one it came from though. This is most of the eggs I have gotten so far too. The first several have already been cooked and enjoyed :)

Well, I got QUITE the surprise today! Double no shell egg, no, I'm not kidding, they were surged together (if you look closely you can see where it is joined). One broke, not sure if it was pushed out first and broke or last and broke, but it broke. I didn't want to waste it so I broke open the whole and went to put it in a bowl and it was literally stuck between the first and second so I had to work to get the whites out lol. So Ghost laid this morning (she's been laying a few weeks now), got a surprise one this afternoon (complete with shell) from a new layer, and then a couple hours later a surprise double no shell from a new layer!

Well, I got QUITE the surprise today! Double no shell egg, no, I'm not kidding, they were surged together (if you look closely you can see where it is joined). One broke, not sure if it was pushed out first and broke or last and broke, but it broke. I didn't want to waste it so I broke open the whole and went to put it in a bowl and it was literally stuck between the first and second so I had to work to get the whites out lol. So Ghost laid this morning (she's been laying a few weeks now), got a surprise one this afternoon (complete with shell) from a new layer, and then a couple hours later a surprise double no shell from a new layer!

Wow - Did the wrinkly egg shell have a yolk with it?? I ask because I have been researching this a bit since my 1 (or 2?) Black aussies did something similar (but not eggs connected), yesterday - I've been waiting for their first eggs also. What breed is your girl?
My 2 girls are 22 weeks and have been practicing going in and out of the nesting boxes and singing the egg song. Finally I found 1 soft shell yesterday. BUT within a half hour or so I found the same Black Aussie standing looking on the ground - it looked like she had pooped but on top of this poop was a yolk and soft wrinkly egg shell like in your photo. Now I am thinking it could have been from the same girl after reading this post, but I'm not sure; I gave them extra calcium today. Still practicing and singing, and luckily they are acting normal. Its not what I was expecting from a first egg from these 2 girls!

Quote: It had a yolk and more whites that were busted into the nesting bin. The egg that still had the yolk in it was fertile too (not hatchable, but fertile). This one was literally connected. I took a few pictures on the inside where they never closed off so you can see the "tube like" opening. I'm not sure which of my girls laid it since I didn't see, and the nesting bin it was in is on the far side of the coop away from the door so unless I'm down there I can't see. I have had several practicing too. It either came from one of my Golden Sex Links, one of my Cuckoo Cochins, or my Buff Orpingtion.

Here are a few pictures I took after breaking the one open. I didn't want to waste the egg so I cooked it and gave it to my little chicks.

Back
Top Bottom