Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I consistently get 7 eggs from 8 girls. I don't know if one is not laying, or they alternate days skipped, or if one is laying somewhere else. I used to get 8, but now only occasionally. I've looked around, and can't seem to find another hidden nest. I did find 5 eggs on top of hubby's brush-hog, which was covered with a tarp, but I keep checking there, and they haven't done that since I removed those 5. (I noticed a hen in there, and didn't check it for 2 weeks, so I have no idea how old those 5 eggs were... they got tossed, of course)
But yesterday, I got 6 normal eggs, and one really tiny egg. About quail size, but perfect otherwise! I think the amount of daylight is starting to affect them.

22 weeks and the wait continues....

Me too!!! Mine are 22 weeks and NO egg yet....
1f620.png
mine are Australorps, what breed are yours?....sorry if I already asked... I forget a whole lot with this old age....lol

Last edited:
I have a diverse flock.... Black Copper Marans, Red Star and Iowa Blue all have nice big red combs and wattles......BLR Wyandotte and Buff Orpingtom still have small pale comb and wattles....2 older EE hens are molting (gah).....and one cute roo that we probably can't keep. All in all. The wait for a beautiful basket of mixed colored eggs is still eluding me!
1f373.png

Me too!!! Mine are 22 weeks and NO egg yet....
1f620.png
mine are Australorps, what breed are yours?....sorry if I already asked... I forget a whole lot with this old age....lol
Hope your Australorps will lay for you soon! Both my 2 black aussies laid at 22 weeks - it took them a couple days to get a couple of kinks worked out but so far have gotten large eggs from them (not every day but good enough). It was a chaotic first few days with them - fake singing several times, and going in and out of the coop. Now I am waiting on one Golden Laced Wyandotte that will be last of the group.

Hope your Australorps will lay for you soon! Both my 2 black aussies laid at 22 weeks - it took them a couple days to get a couple of kinks worked out but so far have gotten large eggs from them (not every day but good enough).  It was a chaotic first few days with them - fake singing several times, and going in and out of the coop.  Now I am waiting on one Golden Laced Wyandotte that will be last of the group. 

Can you believe that I still have one that still has no red color in the wattles or comb and she is 19 weeks old??
I did something bad last night, I forgot to go out and close the big door to the run.... so when the girls got up they just went out and had fun... I heard one of them sing the egg song... so the one that I think sang it is the one I have been holding every day, so today I held her again and had a little talk with her, again!! Silly things!

Back
Top Bottom