Who else is waiting for that first egg?

29 weeks and still waiting
1f640.png
Yikes.

Oh my goodness, that means I still have a few more weeks....my 4 oldest are 24 weeks this week.....ugh! Rae

Some lay sooner than others. She started squatting last Wednesday (when I noticed her squatting, anyways) and today she roamed back and forth out of the coop and eventually got into the nest box and laid an egg.

Some lay sooner than others. She started squatting last Wednesday (when I noticed her squatting, anyways) and today she roamed back and forth out of the coop and eventually got into the nest box and laid an egg.

Well I noticed mine squating last week when I would pick her up.... she is the one I've been holding...lol Today she jumped up onto my shoulder... It shocked me because I was sitting in my chair and she came up from the back.... it sure makes it easier to pick them up...lol Rae

we have 3 chicklets about 13 weeks old (one auracana and two golden wyandottes). since day one they've nested in the nesting box. yikes, do i need to block it and force them to roost?
this is the only sleeping quarters they know. any thots on this or just let them be??
Since day one I blocked the nesting boxes until about 17 weeks and they only nest in there (no poop or anything). Put in straw and ceramic eggs and got my first egg the following week!
They roosted right away when i moved them out of the brooder into the coop. I am new so I researched all this on the BYC forum and found this method and it really worked for me. You may need to re-teach them? or offer other nesting boxes? or search your questions here. Good luck!

Waiting for my GLW to lay, she is about 25 weeks. She is last of 5 to lay.

Very Excited and anxious for my first egg
fl.gif
. I have two barred rocks (Adaline & Chica) at 14.5 weeks and i can't wait. My others are 7 weeks: Buttercup (Barred rock) Blossom & Bubbles ( Buff Orphinton) and Amelia & Abigail (Road Island Red) and i think they should all be laying early next year or spring.

we have 3 chicklets about 13 weeks old (one auracana and two golden wyandottes). since day one they've nested in the nesting box. yikes, do i need to block it and force them to roost?
this is the only sleeping quarters they know. any thots on this or just let them be??
I have 4 that sleep in one of the nesting baskets, and for now I just leave them be. They're 4 1/2mos, and the younger of the chicks (my other are almost 6mos). I've attempted to put them on the nesting shelves and they just won't stay on so it's not worth the fight for me right now. I'm hoping they'll start going up on the shelves before the cold weather hits or we'll have to really work on it because I don't want them that close to the ground at night with cool temps.

Back
Top Bottom