Who have you had good luck ordering chicks from??

We ordered from MyPetChicken last year. They were wonderful to work with. Terrific customer service.

I ordered from mcmurray last year. I made the mistake of ordering a little too soon. Shipping was delayed and the chicks were stuck in an ice storm. By the time I got them they were barely alive. Out of 51 chicks, 23 made it. It was very sad, but mcmurray took care of it. They were very apologetic and replaced all of the chicks that were lost. It was heartbreaking,but there customer service was very refreshing. I will order from them again because of this.

We just ordered from Meyers. Everything has been outstanding. They have less than a 25 minimum depending on where you live.

Also just FYI, MyPetChicken is the "middle man" for Meyers. They just buy Meyers and resell them.

I order from McMurray and have never been disappointed! They are wonderful and their customer service is great! They were so patient with me with all my worried phone calls! I can't say enough about them, they are awesome!

We just ordered from Meyers. Everything has been outstanding. They have less than a 25 minimum depending on where you live.

Also just FYI, MyPetChicken is the "middle man" for Meyers. They just buy Meyers and resell them.

im not going to insult MY rooster but YOUR rooster in your profile is BEAUTIFUL!! what is it?!?!?

I've only been into chickens for 11 months but now I can't ever imagine being without them! My first six were Production Reds and came from our local Tractor Supply .Two months later I ordered 6 more from Meyer in Ohio. They were wonderfull to work with and my babies arrived happy and healthy. 3 Barred Rocks, 1 White Rock and 2 Andilusians .

Second favorable vote for MyPetChicken. They are really good at communicating with you as far as your individual needs and all five of my chicks arrived healthy and are prettier than I would have hoped for given that they are hatchery stock. They're only seven months old though, so I can't speak to issues of longevity.

If you order through the mail, just be sure you're checking in with the post office around the time your chicks are supposed to arrive. I spoke with our carrier the day ours were scheduled to come and he said no, no chickens - turned out they were sitting back at the main branch and would have been stranded overnight if a conscientious postal employee hadn't called me as they were getting ready to close for the day.

Thanks everyone for the information....it has been quite helpful. Now I just wish I did not have to wait until May to get my chicks. (out of town most of April) We are building our coop and brooder now and unfortunately I think I picked out a too small coop to build (20 sq. foot) I really think once I start I will want many more. We just love all the ideas we are getting from this site. Thanks again.....K

Back
Top Bottom