WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

Never heard that one before but it sounds good to me. Depends on how old they are. I have six week old that have not been under a heat lamp for about three weeks. They are still inside but that's only because there coop is not ready yet. If I had a place to put them they would be outside during the day and lock up safe and sound in there coop at night.

My chicks are on their way!
wee.gif

Second set of chicks are headed my way! Tracking says they left Ohio last night at 9pm, but based on my experience last week, I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning. 1 GLW and 2 SFH, so excited!!!!!!!

Any advice on introducing the 3 new additions to my 1 week old current flock of 4??

Second set of chicks are headed my way! Tracking says they left Ohio last night at 9pm, but based on my experience last week, I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning. 1 GLW and 2 SFH, so excited!!!!!!!

Any advice on introducing the 3 new additions to my 1 week old current flock of 4??
Just put 'em in. That's what I do. At this age they don't even notice, and I've added chicks almost 2 weeks apart. I had 2 chicks that I hatched on Tuesday in the brooder, and Friday we added 7 more from the feed store that were most likely a week old without issues as well, so it works in reverse too.

My Charoltte and George (Cochin) are expectingoing April 28th. This is the first I am trying to hatch. I hope all goes well. My two children are so excited.

Back
Top Bottom