WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

My chicks' hatch date is tomorrow.  I ordered in January from Meyer hatchery and this will be the first time I get chicks shipped from a hatchery.  Last year I got my first chicks from a local feed store. Thank you for all your information, Realsis, I fell like reading your posts has made me prepared for no tracking updates.  I think I will be less worried now thanks to you sharing your experience, and am hoping my chicks will also make it from Ohio to California in one day, happy and healthy. I also made a list of breeds I wanted but did not order in case there is a problem with the hatch of one of the four breeds I ordered and I need to substitute.  The kids and I are so excited and have waited so long for the new babies.  Looking forward to blue and chocolate and cream eggs (we currently only have brown egge layers).

Keep us posted. Because your in California your will ship express. Meyer packs nice and cozy with a heat pack. All ten have been healthy and happy thank God as I'm sure yours will be as well. Please keep us posted. If you don't get a am call, remember they still can arrive that afternoon, like mine did. I can't wait to see your babies!! Keep us posted please.how many are shipping out? I only had 10. Try not to worry and don't get worried over tracking it's grossly inaccurate.

More pictures!
big_smile.png

"What's this?"

"Hmph! It's weird!"

Those chicks are too cute!

Thanks, violets. How are your chicks?
I've had so little time to read the posts, so probably missed a lot already.

My chicks are okay, my favorite one died in my hands because it wasn't eating or drinking, by the time we did something about it it was too late to save it.
1f62d.png

All the rest of them are okay though

Picture day!

They are really cute! Sorry about the one that passed. I lost 6 + 1 DOA this time. The remaining ones are doing great, knock on wood
1f64f-1f3fb.png

Back
Top Bottom