WHO IS GETTING TSC CHICKS ON MONDAY MARCH 19

I'm not getting TSC chicks, but got 29 coming from McMurray. I had great success with my first batch last year (all 26 survived) and am hoping for the same out come! Brooder, check. Feed, check. Waterers, check. Heat lamp, check. Excitement, CHECK! Good luck to everyone getting peeps!
fl.gif

Here in Washington and Oregon there are no minimum's. You can walk into any feed store and buy whatever chicks you want, even if it is just one. We don't have any TSC that I am aware of but have LOTS of feed stores. Many of them have several breeds. I often buy chicks at several feed stores to get the breeds I want. I this includes sometimes just one or two chicks at a particular store. I am not aware of any stores around here having bins of assorted chicks like it sounds like TSC has. They are usually separated by bread. They usually are not straight run either.

TSC has the minimum to keep their "Agriculture Use" license to sell fowl. BUT, you can always come in later in the week to pick up the "leftovers". Mine gets chicks every Wednesday. By Friday they are sold out. Come in friday to find the "last two" or however many under 6. If there are 5, you have to get 5, and so on.

i finished my "pack" of chickies!! I didn't get any Barred Rock (even though I am still sad I didnt) but did end up with 6 fat little fluffy butt EEs, I was the FIRST to get to the new batch in today! I called later to ask them something and they are already sold out!!

my final tally

6 EEs
3 Polish (1 golden, 1 silver laced, 1 white crested blue)
2 silkies (1 buff, 1 white)
2 mottled cochin bantams
1 unknown silver colored bantam
1 unknown clean legged chipmunk looking bantam
2 unknown cochin black bantams

:)

I need to be banned from that store!!!

We just had a TSC open in town about a month ago, so it's my first time dealign with them. Went in last friday to see what they had, looking specifically for SILKIES ONLY. I'm not buying anything else. Well, no silkies :( So I just decided to watch them playing for a while... and over an hour later i left the store with 6 unknown bantams. :oops: I think 3 are cochins, the others I have no idea. Ours gets them in wed/thurs/fri, and they said that since they just opened they've only been being sent "generic" breeds, whatever that means... This week I'm going to try to get off work early enough wed to sneak down before they close and just check... :rolleyes:

ya.gif
I picked up 20 Partridge Rock chicks from them 2 weeks ago, and ALL are well and good.... SO EXCITED
wee.gif
They are all getting in their feathers now, and wanting to explore.... I LOVE IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom