Who is going to the troy swap meet in Troy ohio

I will probably go. I keep hoping it will take off again after years of bad management killing it.
I think charging $4.00 to get in is going to hurt it. I think the new owners would be smarter if they let it grow first before quadrupling the price to get in.
I went to one under the new management and there was not enough vendors to make it worth going.
Keith

Keith C. :

I will probably go. I keep hoping it will take off again after years of bad management killing it.
I think charging $4.00 to get in is going to hurt it. I think the new owners would be smarter if they let it grow first before quadrupling the price to get in.
I went to one under the new management and there was not enough vendors to make it worth going.
Keith

You couldn't have been to one since the new management as our first one will be in April. We purchased the event from the previous owner last October. When our company forks out 10-$15,000 for radio and press advertisement to drive buyers to the event, we can't possibly not charge to get in. There are a lot of expenses beyond advertismenet such as fairgrounds rental, portajohn rentals, temporary staffing, utilities, etc. Other events charge for parking but we choose to charge for admission and have free parking. We have over 25 years experience running large events and I PROMISE, we will bring the buyers. We surely hope that everyone will see that we are not just another fly-by-night outfit and plan on building this show up to its potential. We could use help spreading the word to other vendors that may or may not have attended this event in the past... we WILL drive the buyers in and we have the experience and resources to bring the Troy Swap back to life. We are passionate about our events... I hope to see lots of BYCers there and we will have a separate BYC section if folks are interested. If anyone has any questions or concerns about the Troy Swap, feel free to PM me or go to our website and email or call us... we love to talk. ---George​

Last edited:
My husband is coping(barely) with my chicken craziness. I hope I can talk him into making the trip to Troy, would love to see this new idea(for us) We've never heard of a chicken swap B4 today!

I plan on attending, this will be my first year going and I am pretty stoked about it.
yippiechickie.gif
I dont know what exactly to expect but if you have chickens there then I know I'll be OK. I am waiting on my mailer to arrive and have already been to the website to check it out. If I could get a few extra flyers I would be happy to post around the Blanchester / Wilmington area.

Quote:
You couldn't have been to one since the new management as our first one will be in April. We purchased the event from the previous owner last October. When our company forks out 10-$15,000 for radio and press advertisement to drive buyers to the event, we can't possibly not charge to get in. There are a lot of expenses beyond advertismenet such as fairgrounds rental, portajohn rentals, temporary staffing, utilities, etc. Other events charge for parking but we choose to charge for admission and have free parking. We have over 25 years experience running large events and I PROMISE, we will bring the buyers. We surely hope that everyone will see that we are not just another fly-by-night outfit and plan on building this show up to its potential. We could use help spreading the word to other vendors that may or may not have attended this event in the past... we WILL drive the buyers in and we have the experience and resources to bring the Troy Swap back to life. We are passionate about our events... I hope to see lots of BYCers there and we will have a separate BYC section if folks are interested. If anyone has any questions or concerns about the Troy Swap, feel free to PM me or go to our website and email or call us... we love to talk. ---George

Hi, George

I was wondering if there is a special vendor sign up sheet for BYC members? An when I first went to the site it had if you where a BYC member you got $10 off is that still true because I dont see it on the site anymore?

Thanks
Terry

Back
Top Bottom